Using HTTP Cookies

  • ghostwhoowalks
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10 10:36 AM
      I have an Axis Web Service in Java. When I have an Axis client I
      know how to use the Axis framework to pass HTTP Cookies between
      client and WS on every invocation. Basically there is a HTTP Header
      that looks like "Cookie: JSESSIONID=blah blah" in every SOAP request
      that is sent across the wire.

      How do I achieve the same using SOAP-Lite and Perl to communicate
      with this Java WS ? I am a beginner in Perl so if someone could tell
      me exactly what needs to be done I would really be very grateful.

      Thanks
      Avinash
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 3:17 PM
        On 2005-03-10 at 18:36:07 ghostwhoowalks wrote:

        >I have an Axis Web Service in Java. When I have an Axis client I
        >know how to use the Axis framework to pass HTTP Cookies between
        >client and WS on every invocation. Basically there is a HTTP Header
        >that looks like "Cookie: JSESSIONID=blah blah" in every SOAP request
        >that is sent across the wire.
        >
        >How do I achieve the same using SOAP-Lite and Perl to communicate
        >with this Java WS ? I am a beginner in Perl so if someone could tell
        >me exactly what needs to be done I would really be very grateful.
        >
        >Thanks
        >Avinash
        See here

        http://cookbook.soaplite.com/#using%20cookies

        Basically, SOAP::Lite uses LWP::UserAgent for the http client, and
        you can use any functions of that module.

        Duncan