Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Setting xmlns in function call

Expand Messages
  • simon.fairey@ft.com
    Hi, I m having a slight problem with a call to an external SOAP service, to give a simple example the XML generated for the function call when I turn on debug
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      I'm having a slight problem with a call to an external SOAP service, to
      give a simple example the XML generated for the function call when I turn
      on debug for SOAP::Lite shows:

      <functionname xmlns="">
      <firstname>simon</firstname>
      <surname>fairey</surname>
      </functionname>

      this fails unless I change it to:

      <functionname xmlns="http://www.soapserviceprovider.com">
      <firstname>simon</firstname>
      <surname>fairey</surname>
      </functionname>

      I have set uri() etc. but can find no way to set the xmlns attribute of the
      function call.

      I've not used SOAP::Lite extensively but can find nothing to indicate how I
      might do this, any suggestions?

      The approximate perl code looks like:

      use SOAP::Lite +trace =>
      qw(debug);

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->service('http://url to a WSDL provider');

      my $first = SOAP::Data->value('simon')->name('first');
      my $last = SOAP::Data->value('fairey')->name('last');

      $soap->autotype(0);
      $soap->uri('http://www.soapserviceprovider.com/');
      $soap->functionname($first, $last);

      I'm thinking I am missing something in the way the methods for SOAP::Lite
      equate to the XML generated for a SOAP request.

      Si
      **********************************************************************************
      This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
      intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies.
      We may monitor email to and from our network.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.