Canonical .Net client to SOAP::Lite server request

  • a77b77d6f
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hi all -

      As interesting as SOAP and web services are, I am pressed for time.
      Although I know I'll have to learn more, I simply need a full blown
      working "Hello World" example - does not have to be any more
      complex. My requirement is to build a web service that takes a
      string and returns a string - should be very straightforward.
      However, in one single response, it would be nice to see:

      The .pm
      The .pl
      The .Net code

      I don't know if I need a WSDL file - the O'Reilly example site
      doesn't allude to one.

      The single method should accept a string and return a string. In
      short, if the response contains all of these files and I plop them in
      place (fixing the .PM (lib) and perl path), I should be able to
      compile the .Net code and execute the method against the service.

      I have tried combining some of the examples found so far, and the
      farthest I get is a return of "null" from the "HelloWorld" sample. I
      request a working sample that compiles and runs and makes no
      assumptions about my familiarity with namespaces, etc.

      In short - I need the "Canonical Example for Dummies".

      I'm using SOAP::Lite and VS .Net 2003 (C#).

      Would any kind soul be able to help?

      Best,
      Mike