Timeout Question

  • Dianne Van Dulken
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      Hi there,

      I've just been looking through cpan, and I'm wondering if I am missing
      something obvious.

      I can't find anywhere in Soap::Lite where I can set a timeout variable.
      I am calling a third party, and sometimes their responses are very slow.
      I want to be able to set a maximum response time of 90 seconds (for
      example), but can't work out exactly how to do it.

      Has anyone done this, and if so, how do I do it?

      Thanks

      Di
    • jmzorko@mac.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        Dianne,

        > I can't find anywhere in Soap::Lite where I can set a timeout variable.
        > I am calling a third party, and sometimes their responses are very
        > slow.
        > I want to be able to set a maximum response time of 90 seconds (for
        > example), but can't work out exactly how to do it.
        >
        > Has anyone done this, and if so, how do I do it?

        No worries, I ran into the same thing awhile ago. Here's how I did it:

        SOAP::Lite->readable( 1 )->uri( "your_uri" )->proxy( "your_proxy",
        timeout => 15 );

        Hope this helps!

        Regards,

        John

        Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
        New album, "Touch", available now
        http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you