complex XML WSDL types and SOAP

  • go81816
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2005
      Hello,
      Does anyone know what the actual wire format is supposed to be when
      transferring complicated XML schema types to a SOAP service? I
      can't find anything in the WSDL spec.

      When I try this with SOAP::Lite, if I stringify some literal XML and
      call my SOAP::Lite service without WSDL everything is fine, and a
      quick ethernet capture shows the parameter is being encoded with '<'
      => '<' and so on. I've tried calling the type xsd:string and an
      actual QName reference to an imported schema type in my WSDL file,
      but in both cases I get a parsing error in my SOAP::Lite service and
      I see that the data is no longer encoded on the wire with '<' => '<'.

      Is my client supposed to be encoding this type of complex parameter
      data or is my server supposed to do something to the data before
      trying to throw it into an xml parser?

      Thanks in advance.