More than one service in service description

  • nokiola
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
      Hello,

      I am trying to call a web service made in another language and I
      receive the following error:

      "More than one service in service description. Service and port names
      have to be specified"

      The call which I use for login is looks like this:

      use SOAP::Lite;

      # object interface via WSDL
      print SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://myserver:6665/soap')
      -> TestMethod("test","test123"), "\n";

      Can somebody show me how should I call this service with port names
      specified?

      Thanks,
      Robert
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2005
        At 2005-02-22, 07:58:24 nokiola <nokiola@...> wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >I am trying to call a web service made in another language and I
        >receive the following error:
        >
        >"More than one service in service description. Service and port names
        >have to be specified"
        >
        >The call which I use for login is looks like this:
        >
        >use SOAP::Lite;
        >
        ># object interface via WSDL
        >print SOAP::Lite
        > -> service('http://myserver:6665/soap')
        > -> TestMethod("test","test123"), "\n";
        >
        >Can somebody show me how should I call this service with port names
        >specified?
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Robert
        Hi Robert

        I think that you need to provide two extra parameters to the service()
        call, the service name and the port, these should be available from the
        WSDL

        e.g. using this WSDL
        http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl

        the example specifies the service and port for one call, and doesn't for the second:

        use strict;
        use SOAP::Lite;

        my $s = SOAP::Lite
        -> service('http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl',
        "net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuoteService",
        "net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuotePort"
        );
        print $s->getQuote('MSFT'), "\n";
        $s = SOAP::Lite
        -> service('http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl'
        );

        print $s->getQuote('MSFT'), "\n";

        If your WSDL has multiple services defined then you need to identify
        the particular one that you want to use

        Good luck
        Duncan