hostname / port discovery?

  • John Michael Zorko
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2005
      Hello, all ...

      I've got code that uses SOAP::Lite to talk to a Java-based SOAP server.
      They gave us WSDL which specifies they're hostname / port that the
      service is available on, and we generate code from the WSDL to talk to
      them. Yay!

      Uh oh -- I need to be able to configure my app to talk to different
      instances of this server that they gave us WSDL for. I can't go
      generating code everytime they decide to move their server around. Is
      there a way I can have my client discover the hostname / port they're
      on, or specify the hostname / port without having to regenerate code
      from the WSDL? Not quite UDDI (at least, in my limited understanding
      of it) but sort of ...

      Regards,

      John

      Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
      New album, "Touch", available now
      http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you