Attachments without Packager

  • bezyan2
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      Since the documentation for SOAP::Packager (on CPAN) indicates that
      the "package" attribute is essentially deprecated, what is an
      alternative method to attaching files?

      I currently follow the existing online SOAP::Lite examples which
      create a MIME entity, attach via the parts() method, and rely in
      SOAP::Packager::MIME to deal with on server side of things.
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
        bezyan2 wrote:

        > Since the documentation for SOAP::Packager (on CPAN) indicates that
        > the "package" attribute is essentially deprecated, what is an
        > alternative method to attaching files?

        This is the recommended way:
        http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/SOAP/Packager.html#SOAP%3A%3APackager%3A%3AMIME

        #!/usr/bin/perl
        use SOAP::Lite;
        use MIME::Entity;
        my $ent = build MIME::Entity
        Type => "text/plain",
        Path => "attachment.txt",
        Filename => "attachment.txt",
        Disposition => "attachment";
        $NS = "urn:Majordojo:TemperatureService";
        $HOST = "http://localhost/cgi-bin/soaplite.cgi";
        my $client = SOAP::Lite
        ->packager(SOAP::Packager::MIME->new)
        ->parts([ $ent ])
        ->uri($NS)
        ->proxy($HOST);
        $response = $client->c2f(SOAP::Data->name("temperature" => '100'));
        print $response->valueof('//c2fResponse/foo');