SOAP::Lite server with MS Office Research Pane client ?

  • vnehess
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      I'm trying to deploy a simple service using SOAP::Lite that will be
      recognized by the MS Office apps as a Research service (Research
      Pane), sounds easy, but i've not yet been successful.
      I can pull a registration response from a server that does work

      http://www.eolproject.org:8080/axis/services/EOL_SOAP_Access

      and compare the resulting XML payload (doc literal?) with my simple
      service, and the differences appear to be very small, however office
      will not recognize my service. Before I go much farther I was
      wondering if anyone has tried / built this type of service before?

      If so, can you share a small sample of the server side? I'm close
      but clearly missing something. been using 0.55 and 0.60, should I
      go to 0.65, will this help?

      thanks!