How to switch between the servers in autodispatch

  • naga_cit
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi All,

      Is there a way I can switch between two servers in autodispatch with
      in a same script.

      Thanks,
      Nagarajan
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
        naga_cit wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Is there a way I can switch between two servers in autodispatch with
        > in a same script.

        You can call the proxy() method as a static method to set a new URL:

        SOAP::Lite->proxy($new_url);

        That should apply to the internal object that autodispatch uses. If the new URL
        uses the same scheme as before (both are http, for example), you can just
        change the endpoint itself:

        SOAP::Lite->endpoint($new_url);

        Note that this will *not* work if old URL is http, and new URL is https. These
        are different protocols as far as SOAP::Lite is concerned.

        Randy
        --
        rjray@... http://www.rjray.org http://www.svsm.org

        We will never have true civilization until we have learned to recognize the
        rights of others.-- Will Rogers
      • naga_cit
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
          Normal Model:
          =============

          $soap1= new SOAP::Lite
          proxy => 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/soap.cgi',
          uri => 'http://my.own.com/My/Examples';

          $obj = $soap1->newobject();
          $soap1->method1($obj);

          but I would like to have this as
          =================================

          $obj->method1(); I dont want to specifiy $soap1 in
          each and every value like $soap1->method1($obj);

          AutoDispatch Model:
          ===================

          use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
          uri => 'urn:/My/Examples',
          proxy => 'http://localhost/';

          $obj = newobject();
          $obj -> method1();

          But How can I use this to work with multiple server.
          Is it possible to create AutoDispatch soap objects?!!

          like

          $obj1 = $soap1->newobject(); # for server 1 calls
          $obj1->method1();

          $obj2 = $soap2->newobject(); # for server 2 (differnt URL/Proxy)calls
          $obj2->method1();

          Its looks like combining autodispatch and the normal method.

          Thanks,
          Nagarajan