SOAP Headers

  • ghostwhoowalks
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      How do I create SOAP Headers in the client side if my WS API
      requires certain SOAP Headers to be present in the SOAP Envolope ?

      Thanks
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        On 2005-02-01 at 21:13:40 ghostwhoowalks wrote:

        >How do I create SOAP Headers in the client side if my WS API
        >requires certain SOAP Headers to be present in the SOAP Envolope ?

        Add SOAP::Header objects as extra parameters to your method call, e.g.

        $soap->method(SOAP::Header->name('foo', 123), ...

        Duncan
      • ghostwhoowalks
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          How do I bind 'foo' the element name with a namespace ? I need my
          element in the Header to look like myns:foo where myns is
          http://blah.com .

          Thanks

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Duncan Cameron"
          <duncan_cameron2002@y...> wrote:
          > On 2005-02-01 at 21:13:40 ghostwhoowalks wrote:
          >
          > >How do I create SOAP Headers in the client side if my WS API
          > >requires certain SOAP Headers to be present in the SOAP Envolope ?
          > >
          > Add SOAP::Header objects as extra parameters to your method call,
          e.g.

          > $soap->method(SOAP::Header->name('foo', 123), ...
          >
          > Duncan
        • Duncan Cameron
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
            At 2005-02-02, 00:21:53 ghostwhoowalks <ghostwhoowalks@...> wrote:

            >How do I bind 'foo' the element name with a namespace ? I need my
            >element in the Header to look like myns:foo where myns is
            >http://blah.com .
            >
            >Thanks
            SOAP::Header works the same way as SOAP::Data, so the same way of specifying a namespace for the item will apply

            SOAP::Header->name(foo => 'bar')->uri('http://blah.com')->prefix('myns')

            Here's an easy way of seeing what S::L will generate without actually sending anything
            =====================
            use strict;
            use SOAP::Lite;

            my $soap = SOAP::Lite