Apache SOAP server won't run ...

  • John Michael Zorko
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      Hello, all ...

      I've an Apache CGI SOAP server that ran before, but after an OS
      reinstall, no longer will. This is the message returned:

      PugsleyButt:~/eng/issp/rmm/simpletest jmzorko$ perl simpletest.pl
      junk 'Status: 500 Internal Server Error
      SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60

      ' before XML element
      SOAPServer: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60

      xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:
      Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</
      faultcode><faultstring>Application failed during request
      deserialization: no element found
      </faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope> at
      ../../common/lib/perl/ISSP/EventBusAgentJMZ.pm line 86
      PugsleyButt:~/eng/issp/rmm/simpletest jmzorko$

      ... if I look at the Apache error log, it merely says:

      Subroutine receiveEvent redefined at
      /Users/jmzorko/eng/issp/rmm/eventmanager/event_queue.pl line 16.
      Subroutine doquery redefined at
      /Users/jmzorko/eng/issp/rmm/eventmanager/event_queue.pl line 27.
      Subroutine addEvent redefined at
      /Users/jmzorko/eng/issp/rmm/eventmanager/event_queue.pl line 49.
      Subroutine getEvents redefined at
      /Users/jmzorko/eng/issp/rmm/eventmanager/event_queue.pl line 86.
      PugsleyButt:~/eng/issp/rmm/simpletest jmzorko$

      I'm looking into whether I have mod_perl installed correctly, other
      things ... but can anyone tell me what "Application failed during
      request deserialization: no element found" means? It appears (to me,
      but i'm still fairly new to Perl and SOAP, but i've done tons and tons
      of COM) that deserialization indicates that the call succeeded, but the
      XML could not be unpacked to be delivered to the client?

      Regards,

      John

      Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
      New album, "Touch", available now
      http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you
    • John Michael Zorko
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
        ... wait, this is an XML problem ("no element found"), right?
        Investigating ...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
          OK, I fixed it ... important note to anyone interested: I needed to
          install expat via Fink (and then rebuild anything depending on it i.e.
          mod_perl, XML::Parser, etc.) in order to get anything SOAP to go on Mac
          OSX Panther ...