trouble using and understanding wsdl

  • cantelow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
      Hi. I tried archives, sorry, may not have selected the right keywords.

      This example in the Soap Lite User's guide works for me:
      ---------------------------------
      #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl');

      print 'MSFT = ',
      $service->getQuote('MSFT') , "\n";
      ----------------------------------

      But if I try to substitute as the service parameter a wsdl file that I
      put in a local url location that I was given that describes how to
      access an outside .Net service:

      #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://[local copy of the wsdl file]');

      print $service->GetNewOrders([3 id fields plus a password]);

      I get:

      Can't locate Soap/Lite.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ [...]).../usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
      .) at ./test.pl line 3.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ann.pl line 3.

      I'm awkward and new with soap and xml and perl module loading: can
      someone spell out for me what's going on there, please? I don't find
      any stub pm file created in my directory, should one be there?

      Many many thanks.

      Ann Cantelow
    • Bryce Harrington
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
        On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, cantelow wrote:

        > Hi. I tried archives, sorry, may not have selected the right keywords.
        >
        > This example in the Soap Lite User's guide works for me:
        > ---------------------------------
        > #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
        >
        > use SOAP::Lite;
        >
        > my $service = SOAP::Lite
        > -> service('http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl');
        >
        > print 'MSFT = ',
        > $service->getQuote('MSFT') , "\n";
        > ----------------------------------
        >
        > But if I try to substitute as the service parameter a wsdl file that I
        > put in a local url location that I was given that describes how to
        > access an outside .Net service:
        >
        > #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w

        Maybe try adding:

        use SOAP::Lite;

        > my $service = SOAP::Lite
        > -> service('http://[local copy of the wsdl file]');
        >
        > print $service->GetNewOrders([3 id fields plus a password]);
        >
        > I get:
        >
        > Can't locate Soap/Lite.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
        > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ [...]).../usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
        > .) at ./test.pl line 3.
        > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ann.pl line 3.
        >
        > I'm awkward and new with soap and xml and perl module loading: can
        > someone spell out for me what's going on there, please? I don't find
        > any stub pm file created in my directory, should one be there?
        >
        > Many many thanks.
        >
        > Ann Cantelow

        Bryce