HASH value returned from .net server.

  • oldfic4
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
      I'm trying to consume a .net service, in the Komodo debugger I see
      the soap wrapper and xml I should be receiving so I'm sure the call
      is correctly formatted but

      my $result = $soap->Receive($header);

      (there are no parameters) just returns HASH(0x24ffd0c) or something
      similar - anyone any ides?
    • Holger Dürer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
        On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 11:28, oldfic4 wrote:
        > I'm trying to consume a .net service, in the Komodo debugger I see
        > the soap wrapper and xml I should be receiving so I'm sure the call
        > is correctly formatted but
        >
        > my $result = $soap->Receive($header);
        >
        > (there are no parameters) just returns HASH(0x24ffd0c) or something
        > similar - anyone any ides?

        Yepp, that's your result. A hash that contains hidden in it the
        treasures you seek.

        I found this for debugging quite useful:

        - Install the Perl Data::Dumper module.
        - Then at the top of your script say:
        use Data::Dumper;

        - and wherever you get something and have no idea what it is, just say:
        print Dumper($result);

        (with $result being whatever you want to inspect)
      • Bryce Harrington
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
          On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Holger Dürer wrote:
          > On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 11:28, oldfic4 wrote:
          > > I'm trying to consume a .net service, in the Komodo debugger I see
          > > the soap wrapper and xml I should be receiving so I'm sure the call
          > > is correctly formatted but
          > >
          > > my $result = $soap->Receive($header);
          > >
          > > (there are no parameters) just returns HASH(0x24ffd0c) or something
          > > similar - anyone any ides?
          >
          > Yepp, that's your result. A hash that contains hidden in it the
          > treasures you seek.

          If you're not using WSDL, your data may be living in $result->result.

          Running Data::Dumper on the result is a good suggestion. That's what I
          usually end up doing myself. ;-)