Re: [soaplite] [RE] Send files by web services

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2005
      --- Mikel Salaberria <xala1022@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bryce!
      >
      > Thank you very much, your Perl program is great,
      > it will be very helpful. I have read in the
      > documentation of the WSDL Editor I am using that it
      > is possible to send a file as an attachment in a SOAP
      > message. Well, may be it will be possible in the
      > future but perhaps nowadays it isn't possible with the
      > actual SOAP::Lite version. I will continue searching,
      > but I think your solution is the only one. I developed
      > a similar web-service to yours in Java, the client
      > sends to the server the name of the file, its content
      > and the location. Well, thanks again, best regards,

      S::L supports sending attachments, it is in the docs. There are some
      issues regardng the version of MIME::Tools that needs to be used. You
      need to get the version 6.x from
      http://www.zeegee.com/code/perl/MIME-tools/ as it has some changes to
      support S::L that have not been made to the version on CPAN.

      There was a thread about this in October/November last year.

      HTH

      Duncan