mod_perl2 and SOAP::Lite Version 0.65 Beta 2.1

  • Martin Nilsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2005
      I tried to use the latest beta together with mod_perl2 but no luck, I
      got the following for every access:

      [Thu Jan 13 14:29:21 2005] [error] [client 192.168.2.105] Can't locate
      object method "dir_config" via package "Apache::RequestRec" at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 554.\n

      I found the below message in the mod_perl mailinglist, and with these
      files my sample farenheit to celsius conversion webservice works.
      Is this going to be included in the real 0.65 release or is it already
      present somewhere and I've missed it?

      Randy Kobes wrote:
      > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Issac Goldstand wrote:
      >

      >>I seem to recall someone saying that they'd ported
      >>SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache for mp2, but I can't seem to
      >>find the relevant post(s)... Am I remembering correctly?
      >>
      >> Issac
      >

      > The patches for SOAP::Lite on mp2 are available in some
      > messages in the soap-lite mailing list archives. I've
      > used them in the CPAN-Search-Lite project:
      > http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cpan-search/
      > The relevant files are
      > lib/Apache2/SOAP.pm
      > lib/SOAP/Transport/HTTP2.pm
      > An example of using it is under
      > lib/Apache2/Apache/DocServer.pm
      > whose pod section contains the relevant Apache directives.
      > Although the patches try to handle both mp1 and mp2, I've
      > only tested them under mp2.

      from my httpd.conf:
      <Location /mod_soap>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache2::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/home/www/sys/code/SOAP"
      PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
      </Location>