WSDL documents in Perl web-services

  • xala1022
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
      Thanks Byrne,
      I took note about your advice. At first, I used the Perl module
      WSDL::Generator for generate the WSDL document but I didn't achieve to
      access to the web-service even from a Perl client. Then, I will try
      with Cape Science's WSDL editor. The web-service I am developing is
      simple, it takes a string and returns another string. Now, I have
      another question: could I develop a web-service in Perl which returns
      an array of strings? Thanks again, best wishes,

      Xala
    • Klaus Guenter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
        Hi!

        > Now, I have
        > another question: could I develop a web-service in Perl which returns
        > an array of strings? Thanks again, best wishes,

        Thats possible, but the current SOAP::Lite Module has problems including
        namespaces for external definitions. So at the moment you are limited to
        builtin types until 065a-beta3 is available. In the posting "help with wsdl"
        you will find a wsdl definition for an array of strings. As posted before, at
        the moment SOAP::Lite is unable to cope with this.

        Best regards
        Klaus
        --
        People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
        the future.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
          Hi!!
          OK!! Current SOAP::Lite clients can't reach web-services
          returning array of strings, but what happens if I have an Axis client
          for example?? Will it work?? Now I have services (without the WSDL
          document) both (the client and the server) in Perl with SOAP::Lite and
          the client can access to the web-service although the service returns
          an array of strings.Then, the problem of the string arrays is
          accessing to the service using the WSDL document, that's ok??

          Regards,
          Xala
        • Klaus Guenter
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005