dispatch_to question

  • jmzorko@mac.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      Hello, all ...

      Am I seeing things, or is SOAP::Lite limited to only dispatching to
      modules that actually live in a .pm file? In other words, I want to
      declare the module and the server in one source file (and not have the
      module be in a separate .pm file), yet when I do this, SOAP calls don't
      get through to my module. Must I have the module that implements the
      SOAP calls be in a .pm file?

      Regards,

      John

      Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
      New album, "Touch", available now
      http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you
    • Klaus Guenter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2005
        Hi!

        No, you dont have to. Simply dispatch to the subs that live in your source
        file.

        If the calls dont get through, check the namespace you are using.
        Lets say you Module is named Foo::DoTheWork and the sub is named DoSomething.
        The resulting namespace would be "Foo/DoTheWork"
        The soap action should be defined as urn:Foo/DoTheWork#DoSomething

        If the subs live in one source file with the server, the name of the
        namespace is "main".

        Corrections are welcome.

        Regards,
        Klaus
        --
        People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
        the future.