Re: [soaplite] interesting (i hope) question about passing data structures...

  • Douglas Bonar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2001
      Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

      > > any suggestions? the online manual also mentions a structure being returned.
      > > i assume that this is a list of hashes (or hash or hashes, etc).
      >
      > If you must, you can return hashes via
      >
      > SOAP::Data->(type(map => \%hash))
      >
      > *but* IIRC hashes are not part of the SOAP protocol. The above works for me
      > between SOAP::Lite servrs and clients, and is said to work with Apache::SOAP
      > too.
      >
      > Hth, Dirk

      Funny, my thought was SOAP (and XML in general) was
      excellant for hashes.

      <Hash>
      <key1>value1</key1>
      <key2>value2</key2>
      <key3>value3</key3>
      </Hash>

      SOAP even has the extra point of similarity that the specs
      say that you can't count on the order of the subelements of
      the <Hash> element being preserved. I think that officially you
      should have a schema saying what subelements to expect so that you
      can type the Hash element correctly .

      Doug