Content in Prolog?

  • chuckcott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2004
      Hi All,

      I'm reposting this under a different subject line. Thanks, Chuck.

      I hope this will be an easy one. I'm trying to post to a web
      server, but I'm getting the following error message on the server:

      Service threw an exception org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is
      not allowed in prolog.

      Here is the code that I'm using:
      use diagnostics;

      use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      uri =>
      'http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest',
      proxy =>
      'http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest';

      my $response =
      $soap_response->call(ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING->('webservices/xocomm/cdbtest'
      => "This is more text"));

      And here is what it looks like on the server:
      accept: text/xml
      Method: POST
      charset: utf-8
      content-length: 651
      user-agent: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60
      Protocol: HTTP/1.0
      URI: /webservices/xocomm/cdbtest
      content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
      host: plagtrtst01:8000
      soapaction:
      "http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest#ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING"

      SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Bod\
      y><namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING
      xmlns:namesp1="http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest"><c-gensym3
      xsi:type="xsd:string">webservices/xocomm/cdbtest</c-gensym3><c-gensym5
      xsi:type="xsd:string">This is more
      text</c-gensym5></namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelop\
      e>

      I guess my question is: How can I get rid of the data before the
      xml tag?

      Thanks very much for any help or suggestions!

      Chuck
    • Holger Dürer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2004
        Sorry cannot help as I am still trying to understand the problem (but
        maybe others have the same difficulty seeing what it is, so clarifying
        it may help them help you :-) )

        On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 17:24, chuckcott wrote:
        [...]
        > And here is what it looks like on the server:
        > accept: text/xml
        > Method: POST
        > charset: utf-8
        > content-length: 651
        > user-agent: SOAP::Lite/Perl/0.60
        > Protocol: HTTP/1.0
        > URI: /webservices/xocomm/cdbtest
        > content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
        > host: plagtrtst01:8000
        > soapaction:
        > "http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest#ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING"
        >
        > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        > SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Bod\
        > y><namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING
        > xmlns:namesp1="http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest"><c-gensym3
        > xsi:type="xsd:string">webservices/xocomm/cdbtest</c-gensym3><c-gensym5
        > xsi:type="xsd:string">This is more
        > text</c-gensym5></namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelop\
        > e>

        > I guess my question is: How can I get rid of the data before the
        > xml tag?

        What data before the xml tag? Or rather what xml tag?

        >From a casual glance it all seems fine -- the HTTP headers followed by
        the (unreadably formatted) SOAP request.
        Pretty printing the requests gives:
        ,----
        | <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
        | <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        | xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
        | xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance'
        | xmlns:SOAP-ENC='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'
        | xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'

        SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
        | <SOAP-ENV:Body>
        | <namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING
        xmlns:namesp1='http://plagtrtst01:8000/webservices/xocomm/cdbtest'>
        | <c-gensym3
        xsi:type='xsd:string'>webservices/xocomm/cdbtest</c-gensym3>
        | <c-gensym5 xsi:type='xsd:string'>This is more text</c-gensym5>
        | </namesp1:ADD_SOAP_ENVELOPING>
        | </SOAP-ENV:Body>
        | </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
        `----
        And that seems not too bad...

        So what am I missing or misunderstanding?

        [...]