re:Question about complex types

  • Brian Sedgley
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
      No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.  I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message according to the version of Schema they are using http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and  look under complex type "encodingStyle"   is not included as a valid selection as part of the env.(maybe I am reading it wrong)  also ran it through XMLspy and it also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle"  is in the envlope  for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't change the server side.

      Please let me know if there is a solution

      Thanks

      Brian

      Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
      Not currently.

      I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
      perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
      are you using?

      Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
      message, or its value?

      Brian Sedgley wrote:

      > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
      > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
      >  The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
      > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
      > the soap message.   Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
      > style at least according to the schema I am working with.  is there an
      > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
      >  thanks
      > Brian

      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > use XML::Simple;
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
      >    -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
      >    -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
      >    -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
      >

      > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
      > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
      > }->{'return'});

      The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
        I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
        does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
        envelope or an alternative solution? I am not sure but I think the
        server is running .NET. I am using SOAP::Lite 0.69 on Windows XP. I
        also tried using version 0.71 on Ubuntu with no success.

        Here is the actual fault string:

        cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'soap:encodingStyle' is not allowed
        to appear in element 'soap:Envelope'.

        Here is the perl code:

        use warnings;
        use SOAP::Lite;

        my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('https://<url>.wsdl');

        my $result = $obj->servicemethodcall('data');

        my $som = $obj->call;

        if ($som->fault) {
        print $som->fault->{'faultstring'};
        } else {
        print $result;
        }

        Brian (not Sedgley)

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Brian Sedgley <bsedgley@...> wrote:

        > No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.
        I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running
        sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message
        according to the version of Schema they are using
        http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and look under complex type
        "encodingStyle" is not included as a valid selection as part of the
        env.(maybe I am reading it wrong) also ran it through XMLspy and it
        also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle" is in the envlope
        for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

        > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
        xmlns:SOAP-ENV="SOAP-ENV:Clientcvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
        target=_blank>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
        Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
        'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error
        xmlns:axl="5001cvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
        target=_blank>http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
        Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
        'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        > But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't
        change the server side.

        > Please let me know if there is a solution
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Brian
        >

        > Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
        > Not currently.
        >
        > I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
        > perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
        > are you using?
        >
        > Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
        > message, or its value?
        >
        > Brian Sedgley wrote:
        >
        > > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
        > > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
        > > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a
        soap
        > > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
        > > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
        > > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is
        there an
        > > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
        > > thanks
        > > Brian
        > >

        > > use SOAP::Lite;
        > > use XML::Simple;
        > > use Data::Dumper;
        > > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
        > > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
        > > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
        > > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
        > >

        > > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
        > > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
        > > }->{'return'});
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > Get unlimited calls to
        >
        > U.S./Canada

        > The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit
        Preferences - What's This?]

      • Peter Hartmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
          Hello Brian,

          Brian wrote:
          > I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
          > does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
          > envelope or an alternative solution?

          you can do that by setting the encodingStyle to an empty string, like this:

          ---
          my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('http://<url>.wsdl');
          $obj->encodingStyle('');
          my $result = ...
          ---

          Peter

        • Andrei Ivanov
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 15 4:32 PM
            It simply does not works (may be problem in LWP->HTTP.pm), it works fine
            with SOAP::Lite 0.70 version. I added message in bugs report with some
            details. If anybody have same problem, please reply.

            --
            Best regards,
            Andrei Ivanov

            phone tel:+7 (901) 924 0456
            e-mail mailto:andrei.i.ivanov@...
            web page: http://commandus.com/
            VoIP: sip:50000@...
            G-Talk: jid:andrei.i.ivanov
          • Paul Rogers
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 16 4:15 AM

              This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71.  While I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things, taken directly from code.

              Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?

              Paul ---

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16 5:19 AM
                Paul Rogers пишет:

                > This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71. While
                > I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its
                > intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things,
                > taken directly from code.
                >
                > Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?
                >
                > Paul ---

                It looks like error 500 generated in line 428 in HTTP.pm which caused by
                LWP module (with error "empty headers")