Re: [soaplite] Question about complex types

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
      Not currently.

      I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
      perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
      are you using?

      Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
      message, or its value?

      Brian Sedgley wrote:

      > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
      > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
      > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
      > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
      > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
      > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is there an
      > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
      > thanks
      > Brian
      >

      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > use XML::Simple;
      > use Data::Dumper;
      > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
      > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
      > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
      > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
      >

      > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
      > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
      > }->{'return'});
    • Brian Sedgley
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
        No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.  I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message according to the version of Schema they are using http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and  look under complex type "encodingStyle"   is not included as a valid selection as part of the env.(maybe I am reading it wrong)  also ran it through XMLspy and it also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle"  is in the envlope  for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

        <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

        But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't change the server side.

        Please let me know if there is a solution

        Thanks

        Brian

        Brian Sedgley wrote:

        > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
        > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
        >  The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
        > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
        > the soap message.   Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
        > style at least according to the schema I am working with.  is there an
        > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
        >  thanks
        > Brian

        > use SOAP::Lite;
        > use XML::Simple;
        > use Data::Dumper;
        > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
        >    -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
        >    -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
        >    -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
        >

        > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
        > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
        > }->{'return'});

        The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
          I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
          does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
          envelope or an alternative solution? I am not sure but I think the
          server is running .NET. I am using SOAP::Lite 0.69 on Windows XP. I
          also tried using version 0.71 on Ubuntu with no success.

          Here is the actual fault string:

          cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'soap:encodingStyle' is not allowed
          to appear in element 'soap:Envelope'.

          Here is the perl code:

          use warnings;
          use SOAP::Lite;

          my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('https://<url>.wsdl');

          my $result = $obj->servicemethodcall('data');

          my $som = $obj->call;

          if ($som->fault) {
          print $som->fault->{'faultstring'};
          } else {
          print $result;
          }

          Brian (not Sedgley)

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Brian Sedgley <bsedgley@...> wrote:

          > No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.
          I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running
          sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message
          according to the version of Schema they are using
          http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and look under complex type
          "encodingStyle" is not included as a valid selection as part of the
          env.(maybe I am reading it wrong) also ran it through XMLspy and it
          also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle" is in the envlope
          for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

          > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
          xmlns:SOAP-ENV="SOAP-ENV:Clientcvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
          target=_blank>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
          Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
          'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error
          xmlns:axl="5001cvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
          target=_blank>http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
          Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
          'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          > But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't
          change the server side.

          > Please let me know if there is a solution
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Brian
          >

          > Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
          > Not currently.
          >
          > I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
          > perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
          > are you using?
          >
          > Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
          > message, or its value?
          >
          > Brian Sedgley wrote:
          >
          > > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
          > > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
          > > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a
          soap
          > > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
          > > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
          > > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is
          there an
          > > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
          > > thanks
          > > Brian
          > >

          > > use SOAP::Lite;
          > > use XML::Simple;
          > > use Data::Dumper;
          > > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
          > > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
          > > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
          > > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
          > >

          > > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
          > > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
          > > }->{'return'});
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > Get unlimited calls to
          >
          > U.S./Canada

          > The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit
          Preferences - What's This?]

        • Peter Hartmann
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
            Hello Brian,

            Brian wrote:
            > I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
            > does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
            > envelope or an alternative solution?

            you can do that by setting the encodingStyle to an empty string, like this:

            ---
            my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('http://<url>.wsdl');
            $obj->encodingStyle('');
            my $result = ...
            ---

            Peter

          • Andrei Ivanov
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 15, 2008
              It simply does not works (may be problem in LWP->HTTP.pm), it works fine
              with SOAP::Lite 0.70 version. I added message in bugs report with some
              details. If anybody have same problem, please reply.

              --
              Best regards,
              Andrei Ivanov

              phone tel:+7 (901) 924 0456
              e-mail mailto:andrei.i.ivanov@...
              web page: http://commandus.com/
              VoIP: sip:50000@...
              G-Talk: jid:andrei.i.ivanov
            • Paul Rogers
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 16, 2008

                This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71.  While I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things, taken directly from code.

                Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?

                Paul ---

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16, 2008
                  Paul Rogers пишет:

                  > This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71. While
                  > I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its
                  > intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things,
                  > taken directly from code.
                  >
                  > Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?
                  >
                  > Paul ---

                  It looks like error 500 generated in line 428 in HTTP.pm which caused by
                  LWP module (with error "empty headers")