Question about complex types

  • Brian Sedgley
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
      I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
       The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in the soap message.   Complex type messages should not enclude encoding style at least according to the schema I am working with.  is there an easy way to get rid of encoding style?
       thanks
      Brian

      use SOAP::Lite;
      use XML::Simple;
      use Data::Dumper;
      $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
         -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
         -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
         -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));

      my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
      print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse' }->{'return'});
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
        Not currently.

        I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
        perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
        are you using?

        Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
        message, or its value?

        Brian Sedgley wrote:

        > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
        > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
        > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
        > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
        > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
        > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is there an
        > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
        > thanks
        > Brian
        >

        > use SOAP::Lite;
        > use XML::Simple;
        > use Data::Dumper;
        > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
        > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
        > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
        > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
        >

        > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
        > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
        > }->{'return'});
      • Brian Sedgley
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2004
          No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.  I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message according to the version of Schema they are using http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and  look under complex type "encodingStyle"   is not included as a valid selection as part of the env.(maybe I am reading it wrong)  also ran it through XMLspy and it also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle"  is in the envlope  for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

          <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error xmlns:axl="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element 'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

          But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't change the server side.

          Please let me know if there is a solution

          Thanks

          Brian

          Brian Sedgley wrote:

          > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
          > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
          >  The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a soap
          > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
          > the soap message.   Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
          > style at least according to the schema I am working with.  is there an
          > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
          >  thanks
          > Brian

          > use SOAP::Lite;
          > use XML::Simple;
          > use Data::Dumper;
          > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
          >    -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
          >    -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
          >    -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
          >

          > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
          > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
          > }->{'return'});

          The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
            I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
            does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
            envelope or an alternative solution? I am not sure but I think the
            server is running .NET. I am using SOAP::Lite 0.69 on Windows XP. I
            also tried using version 0.71 on Ubuntu with no success.

            Here is the actual fault string:

            cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'soap:encodingStyle' is not allowed
            to appear in element 'soap:Envelope'.

            Here is the perl code:

            use warnings;
            use SOAP::Lite;

            my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('https://<url>.wsdl');

            my $result = $obj->servicemethodcall('data');

            my $som = $obj->call;

            if ($som->fault) {
            print $som->fault->{'faultstring'};
            } else {
            print $result;
            }

            Brian (not Sedgley)

            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Brian Sedgley <bsedgley@...> wrote:

            > No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.
            I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running
            sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message
            according to the version of Schema they are using
            http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and look under complex type
            "encodingStyle" is not included as a valid selection as part of the
            env.(maybe I am reading it wrong) also ran it through XMLspy and it
            also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle" is in the envlope
            for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

            > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
            xmlns:SOAP-ENV="SOAP-ENV:Clientcvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
            target=_blank>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
            Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
            'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error
            xmlns:axl="5001cvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
            target=_blank>http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
            Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
            'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

            > But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't
            change the server side.

            > Please let me know if there is a solution
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Brian
            >

            > Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
            > Not currently.
            >
            > I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
            > perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
            > are you using?
            >
            > Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
            > message, or its value?
            >
            > Brian Sedgley wrote:
            >
            > > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
            > > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
            > > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a
            soap
            > > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
            > > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
            > > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is
            there an
            > > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
            > > thanks
            > > Brian
            > >

            > > use SOAP::Lite;
            > > use XML::Simple;
            > > use Data::Dumper;
            > > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
            > > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
            > > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
            > > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
            > >

            > > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
            > > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
            > > }->{'return'});
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            > Get unlimited calls to
            >
            > U.S./Canada

            > The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit
            Preferences - What's This?]

          • Peter Hartmann
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 28, 2008
              Hello Brian,

              Brian wrote:
              > I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
              > does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
              > envelope or an alternative solution?

              you can do that by setting the encodingStyle to an empty string, like this:

              ---
              my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('http://<url>.wsdl');
              $obj->encodingStyle('');
              my $result = ...
              ---

              Peter

            • Andrei Ivanov
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 15, 2008
                It simply does not works (may be problem in LWP->HTTP.pm), it works fine
                with SOAP::Lite 0.70 version. I added message in bugs report with some
                details. If anybody have same problem, please reply.

                --
                Best regards,
                Andrei Ivanov

                phone tel:+7 (901) 924 0456
                e-mail mailto:andrei.i.ivanov@...
                web page: http://commandus.com/
                VoIP: sip:50000@...
                G-Talk: jid:andrei.i.ivanov
              • Paul Rogers
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 16, 2008

                  This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71.  While I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things, taken directly from code.

                  Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?

                  Paul ---

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 16, 2008
                    Paul Rogers пишет:

                    > This could explain why I’ve also been having problems with 0.71. While
                    > I admit I’m new to soap::lite (and thus a bit green to its
                    > intricacies), I’ve been unable to get it to do even basic things,
                    > taken directly from code.
                    >
                    > Where/what problem are you seeing exactly?
                    >
                    > Paul ---

                    It looks like error 500 generated in line 428 in HTTP.pm which caused by
                    LWP module (with error "empty headers")