Re: [soaplite] prevent bas64 encoding

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
      At 2004-12-13, 01:35:26 Bernd Prager <bernd@...> wrote:

      >I'm trying to send a string to a Flash client.
      >
      >Unfortunateely Flash seems limited in understanding SOAP messages and
      >my
      >counterpart has difficulties to detect that a string is (when it takes
      >certain lenght) automatically base64 encoded. Can I prevent encoding
      >that on the server site?

      Hi Bernd

      I am not sure that the length of a string causes it to be encoded as
      base64. More likely is that there are some non-ASCII characters in the
      value which makes S::L encode it as base64.
      To force the variable to be sent as a string use something like

      return SOAP::Data->type(string => $variable);

      Regards
      Duncan