prevent bas64 encoding

  • Bernd Prager
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2004
      I'm trying to send a string to a Flash client.

      Unfortunateely Flash seems limited in understanding SOAP messages and my
      counterpart has difficulties to detect that a string is (when it takes a
      certain lenght) automatically base64 encoded. Can I prevent encoding
      that on the server site?

      The message is currently defined in my wsdl file as:
      <message name="accountResult">
      <part name="return" type="xsd:string"/>
      </message>

      Thanks for suggestions,
      -- Bernd
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2004
        At 2004-12-13, 01:35:26 Bernd Prager <bernd@...> wrote:

        >I'm trying to send a string to a Flash client.
        >
        >Unfortunateely Flash seems limited in understanding SOAP messages and
        >my
        >counterpart has difficulties to detect that a string is (when it takes
        >certain lenght) automatically base64 encoded. Can I prevent encoding
        >that on the server site?

        Hi Bernd

        I am not sure that the length of a string causes it to be encoded as
        base64. More likely is that there are some non-ASCII characters in the
        value which makes S::L encode it as base64.
        To force the variable to be sent as a string use something like

        return SOAP::Data->type(string => $variable);

        Regards
        Duncan