Re: [soaplite] Hello I am new and I am looking for anything on making soap!!

  • Aaron Trevena
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
      On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Linda wrote:

      > Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to learn a great deal
      > since this is an area I am interested in exploring. I am doing research
      > and intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I would very much
      > like to start with an easy soap. I however can not find a supplier of
      > lye? This is a needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my
      > ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life! And
      > just thought it would be fun.

      I found the following two websites helpful..

      http://www.gettingit.com/article/317

      http://www.blacktable.com/bacon030515.htm

      Note that Lye is dangerous and eye protection will be required as well as
      protective clothing to avoid acid burns.

      Of course FightClub style man-soap may not be what you are aiming for..

      YMMV, RTFM, HTH, HAND, etc

      A.

      --
      Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
      AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++