Re: [soaplite] Hello I am new and I am looking for anything on making soap!!

  • Mark Fuller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi. Are you blonde?

      Mark

      --- Linda <dtopforme@...> wrote:

      > Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to
      > learn a great deal since this is an area I am
      > interested in exploring. I am doing research and
      > intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I
      > would very much like to start with an easy soap. I
      > however can not find a supplier of lye? This is a
      > needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my
      > ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my
      > entire life! And just thought it would be fun.
      >
      > Can someone point me to a good supplier close by? I
      > am living in Northeastern PA.
      >
      > Thank you in advance
      >
      > Linda
      >

      > Linda's Lights ( Candles ect.....)
      > Spreading a little love would make the world a
      > brighter place.

      > Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs.
      > Learn more.

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Aaron Trevena
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
        On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Linda wrote:

        > Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to learn a great deal
        > since this is an area I am interested in exploring. I am doing research
        > and intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I would very much
        > like to start with an easy soap. I however can not find a supplier of
        > lye? This is a needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my
        > ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life! And
        > just thought it would be fun.

        I found the following two websites helpful..

        http://www.gettingit.com/article/317

        http://www.blacktable.com/bacon030515.htm

        Note that Lye is dangerous and eye protection will be required as well as
        protective clothing to avoid acid burns.

        Of course FightClub style man-soap may not be what you are aiming for..

        YMMV, RTFM, HTH, HAND, etc

        A.

        --
        Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
        AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++