Hello I am new and I am looking for anything on making soap!!

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to learn a great deal since this is an area I am interested in exploring. I am doing research and intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I would very much like to start with an easy soap. I however can not find a supplier of lye? This is a needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life! And just thought it would be fun.

      Can someone point me to a good supplier close by? I am living in Northeastern PA.

      Thank you in advance

      Linda

      Linda's Lights ( Candles ect.....)
      Spreading a little love would make the world a brighter place.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004
        Hi. Are you blonde?

        Mark

        --- Linda <dtopforme@...> wrote:

        > Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to
        > learn a great deal since this is an area I am
        > interested in exploring. I am doing research and
        > intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I
        > would very much like to start with an easy soap. I
        > however can not find a supplier of lye? This is a
        > needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my
        > ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my
        > entire life! And just thought it would be fun.
        >
        > Can someone point me to a good supplier close by? I
        > am living in Northeastern PA.
        >
        > Thank you in advance
        >
        > Linda
        >

        > Linda's Lights ( Candles ect.....)
        > Spreading a little love would make the world a
        > brighter place.

        > Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs.
        > Learn more.

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Aaron Trevena
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
          On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Linda wrote:

          > Hello, I am new to this group and I am hoping to learn a great deal
          > since this is an area I am interested in exploring. I am doing research
          > and intend eventually to add soaps to my candle line. I would very much
          > like to start with an easy soap. I however can not find a supplier of
          > lye? This is a needed ingedient am I correct? Please forgive my
          > ignorance but I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life! And
          > just thought it would be fun.

          I found the following two websites helpful..

          http://www.gettingit.com/article/317

          http://www.blacktable.com/bacon030515.htm

          Note that Lye is dangerous and eye protection will be required as well as
          protective clothing to avoid acid burns.

          Of course FightClub style man-soap may not be what you are aiming for..

          YMMV, RTFM, HTH, HAND, etc

          A.

          --
          Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
          AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++