Re: [soaplite] Re: SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::SSL ???

  • Bryce Harrington
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
      On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, laurentf_ml wrote:
      > I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone :-)

      Yeah I had scanned through the entire archives of this list looking for
      an answer, and I was surprised to see the question asked a number of
      times previously. Unfortunately I didn't spot a solid answer. It
      appears to be a still-unsolved problem.

      > here are the results of my searchs done before posting here :
      >
      > http://search.cpan.org/~reatmon/Net-HTTPServer-1.0
      > .2/lib/Net/HTTPServer.pm
      >
      > which has this interesting option :
      >
      > ssl => 0|1 - Run a secure server using SSL. You must
      > specify ssl_key, ssl_cert, and ssl_ca if
      > set this to 1.
      > ( Default: 0 )
      >

      > (but how to do the "glue" with Soaplite ?)
      >
      > and
      >
      > http://search.cpan.org/~behroozi/HTTP-Daemon-SSL-1.01/SSL.pm
      >
      > by looking in Soaplite source code, I ask myself if this one couldn't
      > be added in HTTP.pm ( as a "SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::SSL" )
      >
      > ... but it's probably beyond my perl capabilities !

      Cool, I've passed this along to Kees, who has been looking into this a
      bit with me.

      For us the issue is just lack of sufficient time to research into what
      needs to be done. Coding it up (or explaining how to code it) should be
      straightforward. Kees, can you weigh in with your thoughts on what's
      needed for this?

      Bryce
    • Bryce Harrington
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 6, 2005
        On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, laurentf_ml wrote:
        > > For my project, we've got a similar need, but it appears that
        > because
        > > Perl lacks decent certificate management, ssl can't be used in
        > daemon
        > > mode.
        > >
        > > We'd be interested in collaborating with others to try to get this
        > issue
        > > solved.
        >
        > Hello Bryce,
        >
        > I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone :-)
        >
        > here are the results of my searchs done before posting here :
        >
        > http://search.cpan.org/~reatmon/Net-HTTPServer-1.0
        > .2/lib/Net/HTTPServer.pm

        Hi Laurent,

        We think we've figured out how to handle the SSL capabilities. In our
        daemon we pass the following options into SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon:

        my %args;
        $args{'LocalPort'} = 8081;
        $args{'ReuseAddr'} = 1;
        $args{'Listen'} = 5;
        if ($opt_ssl) {
        $args{'SSL_key_file'} = $opt_ssl_key_file;
        $args{'SSL_cert_file'} = $opt_ssl_cert_file;

        -> new ( %args )
        -> dispatch_to('WebService::TestSystem')
        -> options({compress_threshold => 10000})
        ;

        print "Contact to SOAP server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
        $daemon->handle;

        Hope this helps,
        Bryce
      • h2ofaull
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
          Greetings,

          I'm sure this is a straightforward problem, but I've searched the
          soaplite archives, and 3 suggested books on the subject to no avail...
          and it seems to be related to this thread.

          The code posted previously appears to be the server-side of the SSL
          certificate issue -- is there a simple solution for the client side?
          I have the .CER certificate file, but I can't seem to "install" it or
          figure out how to reference it in my client when I'm connecting to the
          server.

          Has anyone done this and could tell me how to reference or "install"
          my certificate client-side for a HTTPS connection with need for a
          certificate?

          Again, I hope this is simple! Thanks for your time...
          -brian

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Bryce Harrington <bryce@o...> wrote:
          > On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, laurentf_ml wrote:
          > > > For my project, we've got a similar need, but it appears that
          > > because
          > > > Perl lacks decent certificate management, ssl can't be used in
          > > daemon
          > > > mode.
          > > >
          > > > We'd be interested in collaborating with others to try to get
          this
          > > issue
          > > > solved.
          > >
          > > Hello Bryce,
          > >
          > > I'm happy to learn that I'm not alone :-)
          > >
          > > here are the results of my searchs done before posting here :
          > >
          > > http://search.cpan.org/~reatmon/Net-HTTPServer-1.0
          > > .2/lib/Net/HTTPServer.pm
          > >

          > Hi Laurent,
          >
          > We think we've figured out how to handle the SSL capabilities. In
          our
          > daemon we pass the following options into SOAP::
          Transport::HTTP::Daemon:

          > my %args;
          > $args{'LocalPort'} = 8081;
          > $args{'ReuseAddr'} = 1;
          > $args{'Listen'} = 5;
          > if ($opt_ssl) {
          > $args{'SSL_key_file'} = $opt_ssl_key_file;
          > $args{'SSL_cert_file'} = $opt_ssl_cert_file;
          > }
          >
          > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
          > -> new ( %args )
          > -> dispatch_to('WebService::TestSystem')
          > -> options({compress_threshold => 10000})
          > ;
          >
          > print "Contact to SOAP server at ", $daemon->url, "\n";
          > $daemon->handle;
          >

          > Hope this helps,
          > Bryce
        • h2ofaull
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 12, 2005
            Sorry - to be clear, I have a new Certificate Authority (CA)
            certificate... I have installed this for my browser, but I think Perl
            isn't finding it.

            Thanks again! :)

            -brian