offline WSDL processing

  • Medi Montaseri
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi,

      New to SOAP::Lite...I have read the manpage and a few other links.
      I am interested in reaching a SOAP standalone server via
      SOAP::Lite on my client. Examples regarding WSDL processing,
      hint a runtime WSDL processing scheme.

      Is it possible to process my WSDL file offline? That is have
      SOAP::Lite parse and learn about the services, build the stubs
      and park them on the disk.

      Ideally, I'd like to provide a XYZ.pm that wraps around
      SOAP::Lite (as an adaptor to my client programmers who are used to
      certain interfaces).

      Thanks
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        This is a feature that exists in the next version of SOAP::Lite. The
        sources have been checked into CVS so you could technically check them
        out of soaplite's sourceforge project home.

        But the ability to read a WSDL and then cache the generated code stubs
        to disk will look something like this:

        *my $client = SOAP::Lite->new;
        my $code = $client->cache_ttl(3600)->cache_dir("/tmp")->service($WSDL_URL)->stub;
        print $code;
        *

        Cached code stubs will be placed in the /tmp directory.