Re: [soaplite] P2P SOAP

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hi, J!

      Good question, thank you. Yes, I'm thinking (hard :) about it and
      there are several options available. Something (but not all, due to
      implementations of underlying transports) can be done in event-driven
      mode, probably using POE. I'm also thinking about NetServer::Generic
      for TCP-based transport. Another option might be to implement client
      and server as a COMPLETELY different processes, but specify server as
      a destination for all async responses, and client will poll the
      server (on the same machine) and ask something like "do you have any
      messages in reply for message #123456789?". Advantage of this method
      is that server can accept messages even if client is not working
      right now, keep/dispatch messages for different clients, handle
      different transport etc. Ideally I would like to solve this problem
      for ALL available transports as well as for coming Jabber and MQ. You
      should be able to do both async and sync request/responses using any
      transport. I can do it individually for every transport, but I would
      like to maintain general interface for all transports. Any ideas how
      it should look like will be greatly appreciated.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/