Re: Is it possible to call without a method?

  • James Detwiler
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
      After searching and browsing through a lot of posts in the soaplite
      group and reading Duncan's reply to my original problem, I am starting
      to wonder if I should even be using SOAP::Lite!

      The following messages make it clear that in some cases it just makes
      more sense to use LWP to post a manually constructed SOAP message:
      4055 "Re: How to resubmit raw SOAP XML"
      4198 "Re: Using SOAP to transfer XML document"
      4217 "Re: Is it possible to call without a method?"

      In my case, so far, here is what I am doing:

      [1] The application server (legacy software) constructs an XML
      request.

      [2] The XML request is passed to the SOAP gateway.

      [3] SOAP::Lite places the reqest inside a SOAP Body and Envelope and
      then sends it to the appropriate vendor's SOAP server.

      [4] The results are passed back from the SOAP gateway to the
      application server for parsing and processing.

      In this scenario, SOAP::Lite does not seem to do much for me.

      So here is the big question: Is there any reason that it would be a
      bad idea to drop using SOAP::Lite and use a simple LWP POST in its
      place? Is there something I am missing here? Is SOAP::Lite doing more
      for me than I realize?

      Thank you,
      --James Detwiler