FREE SMS Messaging Service works for SOAP:Lite

  • Mike Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Paul, we're performing some serious interop tests today and early next week
      on our SAL Server.
      We've tested our FREE SMS messaging web service with SOAP lite standalone
      for com and
      after a little tinkering (our side) we now happy we've got full
      functionality.

      Can you confirm that once tested with SOAP:Lite for Com that it will also
      work for Perl clients.

      BTW, our FREE SMS Messaging that we've tested with SOAP:LITE is available
      at...
      http://62.254.246.83/help/smsreg.htm

      The code we used is...
      MsgBox CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").new("proxy",
      "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:82/bin/smsmessaging.cgi", "uri",
      "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:83/lucin/SMSMessaging/Process.xml").SendMessag
      e("<phonenumber>", "TEST, TEST", "<username>", "<userpasskey>").result

      Mike
      @Lucin
      [ http://www.salcentral.com ] Worlds FIRST Web Services search engine
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        Hi, Mike!

        > after a little tinkering (our side) we now happy we've got full
        > functionality.
        Good news, thank you.

        > Can you confirm that once tested with SOAP:Lite for Com that it
        > will also work for Perl clients.
        Absolutely! Not everything that works for Perl client will work for
        COM interface (due to some limitations in interface itself), but I'm
        trying to deal with it. Everything that works with COM will work with
        pure Perl client, that's for sure.

        If you change this:

        > MsgBox CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").new("proxy",
        > "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:82/bin/smsmessaging.cgi", "uri",

        "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:83/lucin/SMSMessaging/Process.xml").SendMessag
        > e("<phonenumber>", "TEST, TEST", "<username>",
        > "<userpasskey>").result

        use SOAP::Lite;
        print SOAP::Lite
        ->new(
        "proxy", "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:82/bin/smsmessaging.cgi",
        "uri",
        "http://sal006.salnetwork.com:83/lucin/SMSMessaging/Process.xml")
        ->SendMessage(
        "<phonenumber>", "TEST, TEST", "<username>","<userpasskey>")
        ->result
        ;

        and run it as a Perl script, you should get the same result. Let me
        know if you face any problems.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/