Re: [soaplite] Examples of DBI + SOAP::Lite

  • Bryce Harrington
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, karl_kramsch wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > I'm new to SOAP programming and it would be helpful for me to study
      > some sample programs integrating the use of Perl's DBI module and
      > SOAP::Lite. I have both "Programming Web Services with Perl" and
      > "Programming Web Services with SOAP", but I was not able to find such
      > examples (at least not by scanning the books' indexes).
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Karl

      Hi Karl,

      I've got a DBI-based SOAP web service on CPAN you could take a look at
      as an example. WebService::TestSystem:

      http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/WebService::TestSystem

      I've also been working on a web service authentication that uses DBI for
      doing password checks:

      http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/WebService::TicketAuth

      Both of these are implemented as daemons rather than CGI's (should be
      more resource efficient this way).

      Bryce