Examples of DBI + SOAP::Lite

  • karl_kramsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
      Hi!

      I'm new to SOAP programming and it would be helpful for me to study
      some sample programs integrating the use of Perl's DBI module and
      SOAP::Lite. I have both "Programming Web Services with Perl" and
      "Programming Web Services with SOAP", but I was not able to find such
      examples (at least not by scanning the books' indexes).

      Thanks!

      Karl
    • Bryce Harrington
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2004
        On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, karl_kramsch wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > I'm new to SOAP programming and it would be helpful for me to study
        > some sample programs integrating the use of Perl's DBI module and
        > SOAP::Lite. I have both "Programming Web Services with Perl" and
        > "Programming Web Services with SOAP", but I was not able to find such
        > examples (at least not by scanning the books' indexes).
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Karl

        Hi Karl,

        I've got a DBI-based SOAP web service on CPAN you could take a look at
        as an example. WebService::TestSystem:

        http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/WebService::TestSystem

        I've also been working on a web service authentication that uses DBI for
        doing password checks:

        http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/WebService::TicketAuth

        Both of these are implemented as daemons rather than CGI's (should be
        more resource efficient this way).

        Bryce