Re: [soaplite] Re: Using SOAP to transfer XML document

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 14, 2004
      Judging by the original message in this thread you are looking for a way
      to post an XML document to a URL, but you don't want all the SOAP
      Envelope, SOAP Body stuff. Is that correct?

      If so, let me suggest you try using the following modules togethers:

      1) XML::Simple
      2) LWP

      XML::Simple allows you to contruct and parse XML documents using simple
      perl HASHs.

      LWP provides a way for you to send payloads over HTTP.

      If you need more help - let me know. Or if you DO want all the SOAP
      stuff, I can certainly help.

      Byrne

      nonsolosoft wrote:

      > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "nonsolosoft" <nonsolosoft@d...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Only with SOAP::Lite I've been able to construnct a such complex SOAP
      > > Message without trouble (I've tried also XML::Generator, XML::Simple,
      > > etc.).
      > > It's a such pity not be able from SOAP::Lite to transfer that message,
      > > using SOAP::Lite as transfer instead of RPC.
      > >

      > I was looking in the SOAP::Lite source code:
      > in the envelope()
      > there is:
      >
      > } elsif ($type eq 'freeform') {
      > SOAP::Trace::freeform(@parameters);
      > $body = SOAP::Data->set_value(@parameters);
      > } ...
      >
      > Where have I to specify 'freeform' to use this code?
      > Shall it do what I need?
      >

      > Best regards, \fer
    • nonsolosoft
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 15, 2004
        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
        > Judging by the original message in this thread you are looking for a
        way
        > to post an XML document to a URL, but you don't want all the SOAP
        > Envelope, SOAP Body stuff. Is that correct?

        No, I need the SOAP Envelope, Body and so on.
        But the SOAP Server has not defined a valid method.
        Thank Duncan Cameron to have suggested me to use the outer XML element
        as method; it works now.

        Thank you Byrne Reese too.

        Bye, \fer