Re: [soaplite] Does soaplite support callbacks?

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
      Does SOAP::Lite support callbacks?

      Yes... and no. Callbacks only work between .NET servers and .NET
      clients, Workshop clients and Workshop servers, etc. That is because
      they have an internal message correlation system which only they
      understand... and because they are not standards based.

      So, in theory SOAP::Lite supports asynchronous call backs, but you would
      have to implement the correlation mechanism yourself and make sure the
      other side either client or server knows how to propogate your
      correlation mechanism back to the caller.

      Make sense? It is kinda a half answer, and not the one you were hoping
      for... was it? ;)

      Let me know how I can be of further assistance.

      Byrne

      Yes, it is possible. But it requires you to manage correlation yourself.
      It is