Does soaplite support callbacks?

  • Robert Nicholson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2004
      Is it possible to send an asynchronous soap request using soap lite?

      Are there standards that govern this?
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
        Does SOAP::Lite support callbacks?

        Yes... and no. Callbacks only work between .NET servers and .NET
        clients, Workshop clients and Workshop servers, etc. That is because
        they have an internal message correlation system which only they
        understand... and because they are not standards based.

        So, in theory SOAP::Lite supports asynchronous call backs, but you would
        have to implement the correlation mechanism yourself and make sure the
        other side either client or server knows how to propogate your
        correlation mechanism back to the caller.

        Make sense? It is kinda a half answer, and not the one you were hoping
        for... was it? ;)

        Let me know how I can be of further assistance.

        Byrne

        Yes, it is possible. But it requires you to manage correlation yourself.
        It is