Re: Using SOAP to transfer XML document

  • nonsolosoft
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Duncan Cameron"
      <duncan_cameron2002@y...> wrote:

      > It doesn't have to be this complicated!
      > Your top-level element, SBNMarc, is in effect the 'remote method' to be
      > invoked, and its child elements, Sbnuser and SbnMessage, are the
      > parameters.
      > So you can use SOAP::Lite directly

      From WDSL SBNMarc was defined as element and not as method.
      Anyway, thank you: your solution works fine and I'll go on
      in this direction.

      Bye, \fer
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2004
        Judging by the original message in this thread you are looking for a way
        to post an XML document to a URL, but you don't want all the SOAP
        Envelope, SOAP Body stuff. Is that correct?

        If so, let me suggest you try using the following modules togethers:

        1) XML::Simple
        2) LWP

        XML::Simple allows you to contruct and parse XML documents using simple
        perl HASHs.

        LWP provides a way for you to send payloads over HTTP.

        If you need more help - let me know. Or if you DO want all the SOAP
        stuff, I can certainly help.

        Byrne

        nonsolosoft wrote:

        > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "nonsolosoft" <nonsolosoft@d...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Only with SOAP::Lite I've been able to construnct a such complex SOAP
        > > Message without trouble (I've tried also XML::Generator, XML::Simple,
        > > etc.).
        > > It's a such pity not be able from SOAP::Lite to transfer that message,
        > > using SOAP::Lite as transfer instead of RPC.
        > >

        > I was looking in the SOAP::Lite source code:
        > in the envelope()
        > there is:
        >
        > } elsif ($type eq 'freeform') {
        > SOAP::Trace::freeform(@parameters);
        > $body = SOAP::Data->set_value(@parameters);
        > } ...
        >
        > Where have I to specify 'freeform' to use this code?
        > Shall it do what I need?
        >

        > Best regards, \fer
      • nonsolosoft
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 15, 2004
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Byrne Reese <byrne@m...> wrote:
          > Judging by the original message in this thread you are looking for a
          way
          > to post an XML document to a URL, but you don't want all the SOAP
          > Envelope, SOAP Body stuff. Is that correct?

          No, I need the SOAP Envelope, Body and so on.
          But the SOAP Server has not defined a valid method.
          Thank Duncan Cameron to have suggested me to use the outer XML element
          as method; it works now.

          Thank you Byrne Reese too.

          Bye, \fer