Re: [soaplite] MIME::Parser: can't flush:

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      At 2004-10-31, 22:20:18 Will Fawcett <nailism23@...> wrote:

      >I am trying a very basic soap attachment, I am sending a GIF image.
      >I am currently on SoapLite ver .65 for the server and client. my
      >client code is almost exactly what the example looks like

      ... snipped ...

      > <soap:Body>
      > <soap:Fault>
      > <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
      > <faultstring>Application failed during request deserialization:
      >Something wrong with MIME message: MIME::Parser: can't flush:
      >at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/MIME/Parser.pm line 789.
      > </faultstring>
      > </soap:Fault>
      > </soap:Body>
      ></soap:Envelope>
      >I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Mime::Tools and SoapLite
      >v0.65 and still the same issue. It appears to be sending the file
      >because I see the Base64 lines when I watch the soap message.
      >As you can see, my server code is not even attempting to catch the
      >message any more, it is just trying to write a file, and I can't
      >even get that. Is the issue my code, or a bug, or a bad install? I
      >am so very lost!

      Will

      MIME::Tools seems to have had a chequered history and there are two different distributions around. To use attachments with SOAP::Lite you need to use the package from http://www.zeegee.com/code/perl/MIME-tools/

      This distribution includes a change requested by Byrne Rees which has not been made to the CPAN distribution.

      Install the latest "bleeding-edge" release from the above site and you should be OK.

      Regards
      Duncan