asp script and basic auth... help

  • jgruber_hps
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2004
      I have the requirement of letting straight ASP (not .NET) call my
      soaplite services. My options are very limited. I have the
      standalone Lite.dll installed on the web server. I tried the
      following ASP code and I can not get it to put the authentication
      header in correctly.

      <%
      Set soaplite = CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
      Set credentials = CreateObject("SOAP.Lite").hash
      ("username","password")
      Dim arrBasicAuth
      arrBasicAuth = array("host:port","realm",credentials)

      Set resulthash = soaplite.new
      ("proxy", "http://host:port/servicename","uri","namespace","credentia
      ls",arrBasicAuth).function().result
      %>

      It calls the function and the XML looks fine, but the HTTP
      Authenticate header is not there. What am I messing up. Isn't the
      credential function on the SOAP object expecting and array with
      host:port, realm, an username/password hash?

      I also tried the user:password@site http syntax, but I can not get
      it to encode the authentication header correctly. It seems to URL
      encode before it Base64 encodes it. That stinks as all my users are
      required to have special characters in their passwords and it breaks
      most. (not to mention the domain\username MS syntax)

      Help smart perl and Windows people.

      John