tunneling through apache mod_proxy

  • Tilman Baumann
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2004
      Hi,

      i'm using the transport HTTP::Daemon because cgi would not fit my demands.

      Currently i have HTTP::Daemon running on port 10000 and make it
      accessablae through my webserver with mod_proxy.
      ProxyPass /soap http://127.0.0.1:10000/
      This runs perfect so far.

      But now i have still running my deamon on port 10000. Is there any way
      to bind this deamon just on the lo interface? So that all remote
      connections have to come through apache.

      Tank you for your help.

      --
      Tilman Baumann

      pyramid computer GmbH
      Boetzinger Strasse 60
      D-79111 Freiburg

      ----------------------------------
      They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
      - Benjamin Franklin
    • Jon Kliegman
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2004
        When you create the SOAP server you can specify host and port options.
        Below is a small segment from the examples/server/soap.daemon file (slightly
        tweaked to work for you) which will cause your server to only listen on the
        lo interface.

        -Jon

        # if you do not specify LocalAddr then you can access it with
        # any hostname/IP alias, including localhost or 127.0.0.1.
        # if do you specify LocalAddr in ->new() then you can only access it
        # from that interface. -- Michael Percy <mpercy@...>
        -> new (LocalAddr => 'localhost', LocalPort => 10000, Reuse => 1)
        # you may also add other options, like 'Reuse' => 1 and/or 'Listen' =>
        128