Re: [soaplite] Adding Headers (with no body) and SOAP::Data::Builder

  • Aaron Trevena
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2004
      On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Byrne Reese wrote:
      > I have made the modifications necessary to support a null body. The following
      > code:
      >
      > my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      > ->uri($uri)
      > ->readable(1)
      > ->proxy($proxyUrl);
      >
      > print $soap->call(SOAP::Header->name("foo" => "bar"));
      >
      > Will produce the following XML:
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      > <soap:Envelope
      > soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      > <soap:Header>
      > <foo xsi:type="xsd:string">bar</foo>
      > </soap:Header>
      > <soap:Body />
      > </soap:Envelope>
      >
      > This code has been made to the SOAP::Lite 0.65 Beta 2 source code.
      > Aaron - since you reported this, how does this look to you?

      Looks good - I need to test it with my ebXML producing code - hopefully I
      will be able to start getting more useful ebMS messages than ping between
      my perl ebXML and the java Hermes ebXML servers. This may take some time
      as I haven't touched either for months and need to get back up to speed.
      Should do for now though - much appreciated.

      > While this works on the client side, there still remains the server side.
      > SOAP::Lite will return the following error if it receives the above message:
      >
      > Can't find method element in the message at
      > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2444
      >
      > What is the proper behavior for a service that receives a message like this?
      > What is the response? Is there a default response that SOAP returns should a
      > method not be specified or such a message not be defined in the WSDL?

      It depends, AFACS the method isn't used in ebMS, I'd reccomend you look at
      some of the ebMS SOAP examples as ebXML is probably the heaviest weight
      SOAP based service around.

      Thanks - will download the new SOAP::Lite next week and give it a good
      test run.

      A.

      --
      Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
      AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++