UDDI v2/3 support (Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite 0.65 Development Update)

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2004
      Mark,

      --- Mark Fuller <amigo_boy2000@...> wrote:
      > I've used the v2 support from the CVS with 60a. It
      > works fine. I'll try it as distributed with the beta
      > of 65. Regarding v3 support, I haven't had access to a
      > v3 server until lately. But, from reading the v3 specs
      > I've got a feeling UDDI::Lite will need some
      > rethinking to handle some new features in v3. We'll
      > have to tackle that later. Not a big deal because v3
      > servers like Systinet's should be able to handle v2
      > and resolve the differences (like required fields in
      > v3).
      Just let us know what you think needs to be done/rethought. Given
      this I won't be implementing any changes in handling non-UDDI
      namespaces (to be used in v3) described here
      http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4204695&forum_id=34563

      > I noticed the UDDI::Lite documentation Byrne posted
      > doesn't mention how to select v1, 2 or 3. Do you guys
      > want to update it to address the way the module was
      > changed? Or, do you want me to? I think the only
      > difference was the "use" pragma.
      As far as I remember it's a matter of using uddiversion parameter
      with 'use UDDI::Lite'. Either of us can come up with one or two
      examples showing that. It would be great if you could write a working
      example with a real v2 server.

      We probably need to move this thread to soaplite-devel list (cc-ed).

      Paul.