Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite problem(s) please help

  • Alasdair Allan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      Byrne Reese wrote:
      > Alasdair Allan wrote:
      > > Some way of generating WSDL would be handy, curerntly I'm writing a
      > > "fake" Java service using AXIS that take the same arguements, grabbing
      > > the WSDL and deploying it with the Perl service.
      >
      > I really wish WSDL generation was easy. Perl has not real reflection
      > API, and because it is so loosely typed - how on earth is the WSDL
      > generator supposed to know if the developer intended a SCALAR to be an
      > int, double or float?
      >
      > If anyone has any ideas - I would love to hear them!

      The only way that immediately springs to mind is to have some sort of
      function prototypes declared inline in the method's POD. This is messy,
      and obviously has problems, but at least lets you write the prototypes in
      the same place as the actual function, so you might actually remember to
      update it when/if you update the function. It also means that the final
      WSDL generation stage isn't really that painful.

      Al.
      --
      Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter