Re: [soaplite] Is SOAP::Lite threadsafe?

  • Alasdair Allan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004
      Reuven M. Lerner wrote:
      > But one of my current projects, which involves Amazon Web services, uses
      > ithreads and Perl 5.8.x -- and while things are generally working fine,
      > the program is displaying some odd behavior. I'm basically using
      > threads to send my requests to Amazon, since they have a limit of one
      > request/second and I'm doing a fair amount of data processing in my
      > program.

      I've been using SOAP::Lite with ithreads very extensively since Perl 5.7.3
      when you'd hardly call the threading model "stable". I haven't as yet
      experienced any difficulties with the model and threading.

      > So after searching through the documentation to no avail, I'll ask
      > everyone here: Is SOAP::Lite, using SOAP over HTTP, threadsafe with
      > ithreads? I might be missing some other subtlety of working with
      > threads or ithreads, but I have this funny feeling that the weirdness
      > has to do with SOAP::Lite.
      >
      > Any ideas or suggestions?

      Thread safe? Very hard to say. I would have thought it would heavily
      depend on how you're implementing things. Personally I use SOAP::Lite to
      provide contextual web services, certainly for this it's thread safe as I
      use a "thread-on-accept" model.

      Al.