Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite and HTTP keep-alive

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2004
      Because SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client extends LWP::UserAgent, all
      methods available to it are also available to your SOAP Clients.

      For example, HTTP keep alive is accomplished using LWP::UserAgent using
      the following code:

      my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(
      keep_alive => 1,
      timeout => 30
      );

      The same initialization parameters you would/could pass to
      LWP::UserAgent can also be passed to your SOAP::Lite client proxy
      subroutine like so:

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->uri($uri)
      ->proxy($proxyUrl,
      timeout => 5,
      keep_alive => 1,
      );

      Presto. HTTP Keep-alive.

      Harald Weidner wrote:

      > Hallo,
      >
      > Is there a way to make use of the HTTP/1.1 keep-alive feature when
      > calling several methods of a web service within a few seconds? I'd
      > like to get rid of the SSL handshake delay, but could not find anything
      > in the manual page.
      >
      > I am using SOAP::Lite 0.60a from CPAN.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Harald
      >
      > --
      > Harald Weidner hweidner@...

    • haltarac
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2005
        Any hints on how to do the same when using a WSDL with SOAP::Lite
        0.65_6 ?

        Thanks