Re: [soaplite] Re-set timeout for OO-style client/server

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2004
      Setting the HTTP timeout in SOAP::Lite can be accomplished using the following code:
      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
         ->uri($uri)
         ->proxy($proxyUrl, timeout => 5 );
      print "timeout: ".$soap->proxy->timeout."\n";
      $soap->proxy->timeout(100);
      print "timeout: ".$soap->proxy->timeout."\n";
      print $soap->c2f(SOAP::Data->name('temperature' => 100));
      This is because SOAP::Lite->proxy returns an instance of the transport layer. And in HTTP the SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client class extends LWP::UserAgent. All methods available in LWP::UserAgent are also available to users of SOAP::Lite's SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client class. Which includes timeout.

      Peijun Zhang wrote:
      Hi, everyone,

      I am developing a SOAP server/client in OO-style. I
      need to transfer a big size of data. When I am trying
      it, I always got an error "500 read timeout at ..."
      (it is about 220 seconds). I guess what I need to do
      is to re-set timeout parameter at both server and
      client sides. However, I were not able to have it
      done. Could anyone give me some pointers?

      Thanks

      Peijun Zhang