Re: [soaplite] soaplite doesn't work with apache2

  • Hitoshi Asaeda
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
      > I wouldn't necessarily go commenting out use and require statements. They
      > are there for a reason. You need to make sure those packages have been
      > installed instead of eliminating their import statements.

      Does someone recognize what I've missed?

      > But as for mod_perl 2 support, SOAP::Lite 0.65 (due out next week) will
      > have this support integrated. But I am looking for someone to help me do
      > some testing.

      So should I use apache 1 and mod_perl 1?

      > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
      > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

      Ok, at first I'll check cvs code, and try apache/mod_perl ver.1 if
      still it fails. (Is anoncvs available? If yes, please tell me the
      server and directory information.)
      Thanks.
      --
      Hitoshi
    • Hitoshi Asaeda
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
        > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
        > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

        I give you one report.
        I replaced Lite.pm and Transport/HTTP.pm, which was given by cvsweb,
        from my SOAPLite-0.60. The error message is now only:

        [error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "new" via package
        "HTTP::Headers" (perhaps you forgot to load "HTTP::Headers"?) at
        /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 462.

        We may come close to ... :)
        --
        Hitoshi
      • Hitoshi Asaeda
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
          > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
          > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

          I installed all modules and new HTTP.pm and Lite.pm, and then
          retried. The situation goes well step by step. But not yet solved.

          I got an error saying:
          "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler `Apache::SOAP': Can't
          locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 453."
          The reason of this was that my HTTP.pm did not think my mod_perl
          version is 2. I'm not sure why, but I just commented out the check
          procedure and made forcely use the following lines. Then it's ok.

          But another problem was the following one:
          "[error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "header_in" via
          package "Apache::RequestRec" (perhaps you forgot to load
          "Apache::RequestRec"?) at
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."
          I thought this was because $r->header_in should be $r->headers_in.
          And I changed it and retried.

          The final error is:
          "[error] [client ::1] argument is not a blessed reference (expecting
          an APR::Table derived object) at
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."

          Any thoughts?
          --
          Hitoshi