Re: [soaplite] soaplite doesn't work with apache2

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
      I wouldn't necessarily go commenting out use and require statements. They
      are there for a reason. You need to make sure those packages have been
      installed instead of eliminating their import statements.

      But as for mod_perl 2 support, SOAP::Lite 0.65 (due out next week) will
      have this support integrated. But I am looking for someone to help me do
      some testing.

      The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
      mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

      Byrne

      Hitoshi Asaeda wrote:

      > I tried to use SOAPLite 0.55 and 0.60, but both were failed with the use
      of mod_soap.
      > My OS is NetBSD-current. My apache server is 2.0.52. mod_perl is
      1.99.16. Perl is 5.6.1.
      > When I access my server with http://localhost/mod_soap, the page shows
      "Internal Server Error", and log files shows several error messages.
      Based on the error messages on that log, I modified pm files and tried
      again, but not succeeded.
      > Now I show these modifications.
      > 1. about SOAP/Lite.pm
      > I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      > `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2720."
      Therefore I commented out "use URI".
      > 2. about SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm
      > I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      > `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 218."
      > Therefore I commented out "use URI".
      > And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      > `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      196."
      > Therefore I commented out "require LWP::UserAgent".
      > And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      > `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 444."
      > Therefore I changed "require Apache" to "require Apache2".
      > And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      > `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC (@INC ...)
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      444."
      > I guess it should be "require Apache::Const". I did.
      > Finally I got; "[error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "new"
      via package "HTTP::Headers" (perhaps you forgot to load
      "HTTP::Headers"?) at
      > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 431."
      > I gave up tracing this, and sent this mail.
      > Question:
      > Above changes are correct, or I just did stupid things?
      > Whether correct or not, can I solve the last error?
      > Anyway, how can I correctly use SOAPLite with apache? :)
      > I may forget some trivial setup/configuration/whatever?
      > Thank you.
      > --
      > Hitoshi
      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129roajrp/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=1705701014:HM/EXP=1097238981/A=2376776/R=0/SIG=11ldm1jvc/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/ydomains2004/index.html>

    • Hitoshi Asaeda
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
        > I wouldn't necessarily go commenting out use and require statements. They
        > are there for a reason. You need to make sure those packages have been
        > installed instead of eliminating their import statements.

        Does someone recognize what I've missed?

        > But as for mod_perl 2 support, SOAP::Lite 0.65 (due out next week) will
        > have this support integrated. But I am looking for someone to help me do
        > some testing.

        So should I use apache 1 and mod_perl 1?

        > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
        > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

        Ok, at first I'll check cvs code, and try apache/mod_perl ver.1 if
        still it fails. (Is anoncvs available? If yes, please tell me the
        server and directory information.)
        Thanks.
        --
        Hitoshi
      • Hitoshi Asaeda
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
          > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
          > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

          I give you one report.
          I replaced Lite.pm and Transport/HTTP.pm, which was given by cvsweb,
          from my SOAPLite-0.60. The error message is now only:

          [error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "new" via package
          "HTTP::Headers" (perhaps you forgot to load "HTTP::Headers"?) at
          /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 462.

          We may come close to ... :)
          --
          Hitoshi
        • Hitoshi Asaeda
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
            > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

            I installed all modules and new HTTP.pm and Lite.pm, and then
            retried. The situation goes well step by step. But not yet solved.

            I got an error saying:
            "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler `Apache::SOAP': Can't
            locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
            /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 453."
            The reason of this was that my HTTP.pm did not think my mod_perl
            version is 2. I'm not sure why, but I just commented out the check
            procedure and made forcely use the following lines. Then it's ok.

            But another problem was the following one:
            "[error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "header_in" via
            package "Apache::RequestRec" (perhaps you forgot to load
            "Apache::RequestRec"?) at
            /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."
            I thought this was because $r->header_in should be $r->headers_in.
            And I changed it and retried.

            The final error is:
            "[error] [client ::1] argument is not a blessed reference (expecting
            an APR::Table derived object) at
            /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."

            Any thoughts?
            --
            Hitoshi